Bavarian Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Apples
- In a fry pan over medium heat, saute about ½ cup chopped yellow onion in 1-2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, until tender and just starting to brown.
- Add 2 small apples, cut into chunks and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of packed sauerkraut that the juice has been squeezed out of.
- Add 2 bratwurst and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the bratwurst is hot throughout.
- Serve with Aldi's Bavarian Sweet Mustard! Delish! We had it with sweet mashed potatoes - while not traditional, it was real good.